3/14/16

Girl? Are Mink Lashes Even Worth It?



     Hey girl! So as you guys know I am a makeup artist and peak (prom and wedding) season is upon me.  With that I have noticed a lot of my clients and potential clients have inquired about mink lashes.   So Ive decided to post a quick hey girl hey about them.

     Mink lashes are made from the shedding or tail of the Siberian or Chinese mink, a very small and cute animal related to the outer.  I have never owned a Mink fur before (everybody ain't able) however mink fur is said to be very soft, thick and super durable.  I have no clue who looked at the shedding and said hmmmm lets put these on our eye lashes….but I thank them.  Mink lashes are very popular because they're fluffy, which give them their natural and full appearance. They blend very easily with your real lashes without the need of mascara. Also unlike silk or synthetic fiber lashes Mink lashes can be reused up to 25 times heeeeey can we say monies worth!!!!! They are super glamorous and really help to bring a brides look together. They retail at around $15-$50 for a basic hand made pair.  However I have heard of Beyonce paying $300 a pair for hers.

     I personally think mink lashes are worth it for that special occasion.  However you can get you a nice pair of faux mink lashes usually made of silk and synthetic fibers.  I actually just found a few nice pairs from eBay.  Also you can stack a pair of human hair lashes together (something I do often) to achieve the desired look as well.  Real quick if you are a makeup artist who charges $35-$75 for a full face you would need to use mink lashes as an add on service. The cost for a pair of lashes is nearly half the cost of the service.  So with that being said I usually add on an extra $50 for a pair of mink lashes or have the client provide them. I will talk about surcharges and add ons a a makeup artist at a later date.

     How to tell the real from the fake honestly you would have to be very familiar with mink fur to know the difference. I mean they hare made from sheddings, I know I can't tell real hair sheddings from weave.  No but for serious a huge tell tell sign is pricing a vendor selling mink lashes for $2 probably would need to get the side eye.  I Also stick with reputable companies and read reviews as well so you don't get got. Always look for reviews of the company on youtube first trust me you will always find a review on youtube.  I hope this helps to answer the questions about mink lashes.

Where can I buy some mink lashes:

glamlashes.bigcartel.com


 

No comments: